Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mellow Johnny's

Made it to Mellow Johnny's (aka Lance Armstrong's bikeshop) in Austin while I was out there this past weekend.

I wasn't really sure what to expect, but they are making a real go of being a really nice and competitive bike shop.  Austin certainly has lots of competition, so I guess they really have to.  The shop guys are used to tourists, had absolutely no problem with me just walking around taking photos.  Got quite a few good one, see the link below.


I was really impressed with the Naked bike single speed hanging on the wall.  Winner of the 2007 NAHBS, it was hands down the prettiest bike in the shop, although it isn't for sale.  Neither are many of the other keepsakes, including some of Lance's Champs Elysee victory bikes or some TT rigs which saw duty in France was well.

If I lived in Austin, I would be shopping here for sure.

over 'n out.

No comments: